Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Starting to Look Like Christmas!

I'm celebrating Show and Tell Friday today with Cindy (unquestionably the ultimate goddess of romantic homes), so after you've checked out my dollar-sense "Fruit of the Spirit" Christmas tree that welcomes family and friends into the foyer here at Casa St. Michael this season, run on over to My Romantic Home and check out what everyone else in Bloggerland is showing and telling today! Enjoy!
vdf
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control"
(Galatians 5:22-23a).
fgdfd
I quit putting up a big tree a couple of years ago and, instead, now I put little trees throughout the house. Here's a close up of this year's foyer tree. It's full of "sugared" fruit that I've found at thrift stores and garage sales, and miniature gold-framed fruit that I painted. (Found the lusciously chunky mini-frames years ago at a dollar store. Loved 'em then, love 'em now!) Add some Sam's Club ribbon to the mix, cover the bottom of the tree and the stand with left-over fabric from the dining room chair seats, and it's ready to go!
fds
I got this gorgeous nativity set at a Christmas party several years ago. We did the gift exchange that involves "stealing" one another's gifts, and everybody was trying to take this beauty home, but look who won out! (We had a ten-dollar limit on the Christmas decorations we could bring to exchange, and the lady who brought this had purchased each piece at Dollar Tree! She had picked through lots of figures until she found the "perfect" ones, and they are so beautiful in person.) The little gold-framed cross-stiched picture behind the right side of the nativity set came from Value Village for, I think, $1.80, and reads, "Love came at Christmas." How perfectly simple and true!

Later today, when I get back to my own computer, I'll post a close up of the antique $1 garage-sale shelf behind the tree and take you on in to the dining room . . . ahhhh, I love Christmas decorating with all of my "found" treasures! So much fun!

1 comment:

  1. You and your husband are so much like me and my husband. I love the idea of little trees. Your trees are beautiful. I hope you have a blessed week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited you came to visit! I love your comments!