Thursday, December 3, 2009

Joining Marty's Christmas "Cloche" Party!

I'm stayin' in the bloggin' groove by joining Marty at her Christmas Cloche Party! Rush over there, and check out all of the gorgeous-ness under glass! Here are the ones scattered around Casa St. Michael . . .



Okay, so I don't actually have REAL cloches, but I like to pretend that this is a real, mini-cloche. I found it in a little antique shop on the way home from Austin a few weeks ago. It's sitting on my favorite cake stand -- a birthday gift from my sistah-friend, Debbie, a few years ago. (And speaking of real, in real life, the little Dollar Tree Santa salt and pepper shakers don't look blurry and distorted like they do in these pics!)


Yes, I know this is really a cake plate and cover . . . but a girl can make-believe, right?


And last, but not least, a cheese "cover" pretending to be a cloche! (Another bargain on the way home from the Austin trip.) I have it sitting on a garage sale "Dreaming of a White Christmas" plate that's sitting on top of another garage sale toile-patterned plate. And I got the height I needed in the center of the table by stacking it all on a white vegetable bowl turned over!

6 comments:

  1. Cake plates work! All your displays are lovely!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are definitely real cloches. I love the santa salt and papper, so cute and your display is wonderful. The cake stand is beautiful with all the gorgeous ornaments. I used my cake stand also. I think they are such fun to decorate with. Everything is just wonderful. I am so glad you joined the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santas are out doing their thing.

    looks great! DeniseMarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sweetie...
    Everything looks positively beautiful. I love your salt and pepper shaker Santa and Ms Claus displayed under the one cloche. What a cute idea. Now that darn cake plate with those ornaments and blocks combined. That is just shut up cute. I love it. Just love it. How precious is that to have displayed for the holiday.

    I love the way you used your charger plate and one of your decorative plates under the other cloche. That is very creative and fun.

    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful cloche ideas with me today.

    I have signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you share next.

    Please stop by and let me share my cloche ideas with you. I would also be so honored if you signed up to follow my blog as well.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your cloche creations are just so lovely!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited you came to visit! I love your comments!