Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Half-naked and Beating the Texas Heat!


Beating the Texas heat . . . yep!  It involves WATER!



One thing about living on the Texas Gulf Coast -- you just have to flat out love it 'cause if you didn't, this time of year would send you heading off for somewhere else, for sure!  It is HOT!  (This time a'year always makes me even more grateful that I'm saved and going to Heaven!  The alternative -- and with no AC -- ugh!)

I am thanking Papa God every day for AIR CONDITIONING!

Middle Daughter has discovered one of the most fun (or as my students would say, "funnest!") ways to let cool off the grandbabies in the evenings is to take them to a local water fountain play area.  The water squirts up at all different times from different on-the-ground fountains, and the kids have a ball running through the water and letting it "get them."

Doesn't this look like fun!


Even the anticipation looks fun!  (And maybe if I could find a bathing suit with a little skirt like this one, I'd look this happy, too!)


"Okay, I'm ready!"


"Me, too!"


No matter how many times she sees it, the sudden spurt always surprises Callie-Belle!


 . . . and then delights!


"Hey, get back here!  We're not done having fun yet!"


Here's hoping you're finding ways to stay cool, too, and still having fun!



3 comments:

  1. You've definitely got the part right about involving water to keep us cool in Texas. WOW,it's been a scorcher here lately! Your grandbabies are precious! And I TOO am glad I'm a believer....Hades would be just too hot for me to BEAR! LOL!!! Hugs from Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! I remember taking my kids to do the same thing. Fun times. :) I love those little smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute! I remember taking my kids to do the same thing. Fun times. :) I love those little smiles.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited you came to visit! I love your comments!