Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tugging and Adjusting

I'm an enigma.  A woman who loves beautifully decorated rooms of all sizes, shapes, and styles and who appreciates smoothly-running homes from which the scent of freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies wafts and yet, is, herself, a total slob.  A downright disorganized mess.  (And did I mention that I might eat half the cookie dough before it ever get plopped onto the baking sheet?  Alas, I am nothing if not self-aware.)

Being self-aware is great, but it's only half the real deal.  The other half is deciding how to take what you know and do something constructive with it.  Otherwise, it's like walking out of a one of those tiny airplane bathrooms with your skirt tucked up into the waist of your panty-slip thingie, having someone point it out to you, and then simply shrugging, giggling, and walking right on up the aisle of the plane without even so much as one correcting tug!  (And for the record, I did NOT just shrug and giggle and walk on; I made some adjustments!)  That's what this blog is about.  I want desperately to make some adjustments in how I operate on the home front, and I've come to realize that I'm not alone.  There are other enigmas out there!  (Although, to take great poetic license with my brother, St. Paul's, words, I am sure I remain "chief among enigmas.")   

Yup, I'm learning that there are other women who struggle with the exact things I do as far as this day-to-day-life-at-home stuff goes and that they, too, wish they knew how and where to even begin to make some adjustments.   This blog is as much for them as it is for me.  Maybe by following my journey, they'll begin their own journeys, and after a little pulling and tugging, we'll all sashay down the aisle together as the fine, well-adjusted women we long to be!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, my friend, we could be "sistas"! I eat way more cookie dough than actual cookies!
    Thanks for the suggestion to have readers send me pics of "treasures", I wanted to let you know that I host a Linky Party "Trash to Treasure Tuesday", next week will be the 4th, I think, so hopefully more and more people will share their thrift store and garage sale makeovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you as a chiefton enigma!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so excited you came to visit! I love your comments!